- Most entered and sought after Awards in Australia – we get a frightful amount of bribes
- Not held at the bloody Casino
- Most respected Awards in Australia
- Fancy dress theme – top hats/flat caps
- Most attractive attendees
- Onsite after party
- Conveniently close to end of year so doubles as your office Christmas party
- Directly above Town Hall Station
- No légionnaires outbreak since April
- Entries open – 8th June 2016
- Entries close – 5th August 2016 – on-time entry fee $330 + GST/entry
- Late entries close – 12th August 2016 – late entry fee $430 + GST/entry
- Judging period (examples of work must have been active in market during this period) – 1 August 2015 – 31 July 2016
- Shortlist announced – 20th September 2016
- Live-judging day – 14th October 2016 – Sydney
- Awards night – Friday 18th November 2016 – Sydney Town Hall
Agency of the Year Categories
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted entries from ALL categories above are required to attend second round live judging day on 14th October 2016 in Sydney.
- Best Ad Campaign
- Best Digital Campaign
- Best Media Campaign
- Best PR Campaign
- Best Programmatic Trading Team
- Best Use of Mobile – NEW – more info
- Best Use of Real-Time Marketing
- Best Use of Social Media
- Best Use of Sponsorship
- Content Marketing Strategy of the Year
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Employer of the Year >100 employees*
- Employer of the Year <100 employees*
- Media Brand of the Year
- Media Sales Team of the Year
- Marketing Technology Company of the Year
- Marketing Team of the Year*
- Young Achiever of the Year
PLEASE NOTE: Shortlisted entries from categories above marked with * are required to attend second round live judging day on 14th October 2016 in Sydney.
All Agency of the Year Categories are to be submitted following these steps:
- Register the entry and submit payment via our online portal: https://bandt.awardsplatform.com – Your online registration will be assigned with an ID number. Please ensure that your hard copy submission includes your ID number prominently.
- Hard copy of your submission to be posted to the B&T office: Attn: Vivian Luo – B&T Awards Level 2, 231 Commonwealth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
All Other Categories are to be submitted and payment completed ONLINE via our online portal: https://bandt.awardsplatform.com
Second round live judging – 14th October 2016 – Sydney
A key element of the B&T Awards is the finalist presentations and the ability of judges to question those about their entry, agency, work and results over and above what is contained in the written entry.
Each shortlisted entrant is given 30 minutes of which 20 minutes is devoted to the presentation followed by 10 minutes of questions and answers from the judges.
Sydney-based teams are required to present in person, however teams from interstate and New Zealand, have the option to submit a 15 minute DVD presentation, shot in a single unedited take from a fixed camera. A representative from the shortlisted team will then be expected to be available for a telephone conference immediately after the jury is shown the DVD.
The jury for each category will be carefully selected to include senior marketers, industry consultants, and people from related, but not competing sectors. There will be no representatives from directly competing agencies on the panel. All judges are required to sign a nondisclosure declaration ahead of judging. Any judge that has a conflict of interest with a particular entry will be required to declare it and will not be allowed to score on that entry.